We've had stomach flu around my house this week and I am officially blaming Halloween. I don't yet have scientific proof, but the fact that my kids get some kind of virus the first week of November every single year leads me to believe that TOO MUCH CANDY is the culprit!
I had every intention of writing up all my Thanksgiving posts this week, but sick kids = plans crushed.
Plan B: Survive, make easy meals, and avoid driving anywhere.
So with few ingredients in my home, this Instant Pot Potato Soup was born!
Into the Pressure Cooker went potatoes, cauliflower, and scallions. Out came a silky, creamy, blank canvas kind of soup just begging for ALLLLLLLL the toppings.
It is perfect for healing bellies and perfect for my tired soul. (However if you're feeding this to healing bellies, avoid the dairy! You can totally leave the milk out of this recipe and use extra chicken broth, or use a dairy free alternative)
This recipe could not get any easier! The pressure cooker does all the work and all you're left to do is puree the soup until it's smooth with an immersion blender or countertop blender, top, then eat.
Speaking of toppings, the sky is the limit! I suggest taking a moment to think about all your favorite baked potato garnishes and then evaluate your mood.
Are you feeling excited, giggly, and loud? Then go with color, crunch, and overload.
Or are you feeling glamorous, calm, and quiet? Then better go with silky, sexy, and luscious.
Or if you're feelin' like my poor kiddos, a nice hot bowl with some saltines is just what the mommy doctor ordered.
I should become a food therapist.
Whatever your mood is, this soup is ready for it!
Kick it up a notch by whipping up this Instant Pot Whole Wheat Crusty Bread, no soup spoon required.
See that Browned Butter glistening over the sexy bowl of soup? I made that in my Instant Pot, and it's amazing, it's easy, and it can be found in Cami and I's cookbook, Master the Electric Pressure Cooker. GET IT!
MORE INSTANT POT SOUP INSPIRATION:
- 20+ Healthy Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Easy French Onion Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- All our Instant Pot Soup and Stew Recipes
Tools used for Pressure Cooker Potato Soup
Immersion Blender (if you love pressure cooking, you need one of these babies!) or
Red Pepper Crunchies – a must for me when it comes to toppings! These babies are insanely yummy and there is a jalapeño version as well. My daughter thinks she likes red bell peppers because she likes these.Print
Pressure Cooker Baked Potato Soup
Thick, creamy, Pressure Cooker Potato Soup is insanely healthy and simple to make. Perfect for any day of the week!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds baking potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions – white part for soup, green for garnish
- 2–3 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1–2 cups milk (skim, 1%, 2%, whole, or cream)
- Toppings – bacon, shredded cheese, peas, sour cream, butter, ham, green part of scallions, etc.
- Place potatoes, cauliflower, scallion whites, salt, pepper, and broth to the pressure cooker pot. Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully puree the soup with an immersion blender directly in the pot or ladle into a blender and blend until smooth. May have to blend in 2 batches in the blender – be careful not to overfill and cover with a hand towel to prevent being burned.
- Add 1-2 cups of milk and blend to combine. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with all the toppings your heart desires!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- I've never tried freezing this soup before, but I suspect with the milk, it may not freeze very well.
Keywords: instant pot soup, comfort food, creamy soup
Welcome! I’m Marci, wife to my motorcycle dream man and mother of 3. I have a passion for creating and cooking delicious masterpieces in my kitchen and am ecstatic to share my discoveries on TIDBITS! I like my food tasty, wholesome, memorable, and always, ALWAYS followed by dark, salty chocolate.