This warm seasonal drink is what holiday dreams are made of! Indulge yourself with a cup of pressure cooker Peppermint Crio Bru, without the guilt.
This post is part of an original TIDBITS recipe, first seen HERE on tidbits-cami.com.
*To see our Pumpkin Spice version, go HERE.
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!
Now, for this luscious cup of Peppermint Crio Bru. Whether you're new to Crio Bru or you've been a fan for years like me, this Peppermint flavor is one to stock up on!
This healthier version of peppermint hot chocolate is absolutely dreamy and will instantly put you in a good mood. Nothin' like a hot cup of Crio in a dark pantry to make all the stress of spilled milk, diapers flushed down the toilet, dumped folded laundry, etc all slip away into a giant peppermint cloud. That chocolate aroma makes it all okay, am I right? If you've tried Crio Bru, you're passionately nodding your head right now. If you haven't tried it, you've already clicked to a new screen to order it 🙂 Lucky for us, they stock on Amazon as well.
As you well know by now, I like to see what my magical electric pressure cooker can do to just about any food. Brewing my Crio Bru in it turned out to be one of the best decisions ever (unlike the hot dog incident, but we won't go there). It takes minutes to brew and can feed a crowd or be bottled up and stored in the fridge for every time you need a quick and delicious boost to your day. Enjoy!
Pressure Cooker Peppermint Crio Bru
Start your day out with this smooth, chocolate-y peppermint Crio Bru to keep you energized for all your Christmas shopping!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup Crio Bru Ground Cocoa Beans, peppermint flavor
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- ⅓–½ cup light agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Peppermint Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Add Crio Bru, water, milk, agave, vanilla, and peppermint extract to the pressure cooker pot. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- While Crio Bru is brewing, whip all of the whipped cream ingredients with a high speed blender or hand mixer until thick. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour Crio Bru through the sieve to filter out the grounds (this also works well in a nut milk bag).
- Serve immediately with a dollop of peppermint whipped cream. Can also be stored in the refrigerator in a mason jar. Enjoy cold or pour into a microwave safe mug and warm for 1-2 minutes.
Keywords: instant pot drink, easy recipe, Christmas drink