This creamy (Instant Pot) Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili is good for you, loaded with veggies, and the perfect slate for all my favorite toppings. Bonus: It freezes like a dream! Perfection in a bowl right there!
“Soup’s on January” continues and this here is a bee-u-tee! You will fall in love with this Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili for all the right reasons:
1 – It’s really good for you
2 – It’ll make you feel good
3 – You’ll never get tired of it
4 – Looks. It’s all about looks
I adore this Chili and have swooned many times about this Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup, so why not put those 2 soups together and make the most perfect chili/soup baby there ever was! That’s what this White Chicken Chili is, the perfect child, just like my mama always told me I was. Just kidding, that was my older brother (and I’m throwing this in to see if my brother or mom actually read my posts 😜).
Also like the Enchilada Soup, I’m using zucchini to make it creamy and rich tasting without a speck of cream! If you have our cookbook, Master the Electric Pressure Cooker, you know I’m a big fan of using veggies to make soup creamy, and it worked like a dream here!
It’s a breeze to make any day of the week, this is dump-and-go food at it’s finest.
I strongly advice going a little crazy with your toppings. The base of the soup is good but when the melty pepper jack cheese meets up with the tangy lime and the jalapeño heat, the fresh salsa, and the salty chips, oh my heavens. Perfect soup baby, for sure.
Being the soup fanatic that I am, I’m dying to know. What soups, stews, or chilis have you tried out in your pressure cookers (AKA Instant Pots)? I love a good stew, but haven’t yet found THE stew quite yet to share with you. If you have it, let’s do lunch 😊
Before I leave, promised this high energy cutie that I’d use his picture. It took approximately 30 shots to finally get a real smile out of him. I may or may not have had to use a few innocent potty words to get this picture. Whatever it takes, right?
For more soup recipes check out:
Tools Used to Make (Instant Pot) Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili
Instant Pot or
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!
Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili
(Instant Pot) Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili is a warm, nourishing, hug in the middle of a cold winter (and always!). Leftovers are every bit as delicious and it freezes like a dream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 mintues
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
For the Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped (peeled if you want don’t want the soup to be green, otherwise, just leave the peel on)
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned, frozen, or fresh corn
For the Toppings
- pickled jalapeños slices, chopped fresh cilantro, cubed pepper jack cheese, pico de Gallo or homemade salsa, diced avocado, sour cream or yogurt, fresh lime wedges, and/or tortilla chips
- Add chicken, chicken broth, zucchini, green chiles, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and salt to the pressure cooker pot and gently stir.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release. Could also do a 10 minute natural release, then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken and place on a cutting board, cover with foil. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until very smooth. This can also be done in batches with a blender. Be careful not to overfill the blender! Place a towel over the lid and gently pulse before turning the speed up to blend.
- Chop or shred chicken and return it to the pot of soup. Add cannellini beans and corn; stir. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- To serve, ladle soup into a bowl, immediately sprinkle with cheese and top with desired toppings.
All images and text © Marci Buttars / TIDBITS