Instant Pot White Chocolate Cheesecake with a fresh burst of tart lemon has me feelin' all the happy spring time feels! And guess what, this cheesecake has a magic trick included too! Read on!
For years I've always been in charge of bringing the dessert. Since going sugar free, I've left the treat making up to others. But upon hearing my daughter explain to my son that I wasn't a real chef because I didn't know how to make desserts . . . I decided it was time for this former dessert queen to make an appearance.
HELLO White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake and GOODBYE to any outrageous claims about mama not being a real chef.
This dessert has disappointed NO ONE! In a world that favors chocolate 5 to 1 (I made that up), this lemon cheesecake knocked it out of the park again and again to everyone I tested it on. Rave reviews every. single. time.
Even my nauseous pregnant sister told me it was incredible going down and up . . . too much info?
I made this cake 7 times in 2 weeks to make sure it would be consistent. Cuz guess what? This cake is magic, and I had to make sure it could perform it's trick consistently each time.
What's the trick? I call it the Magical Switcheroo trick:
- A lemon bar filling gets poured over top of the cheesecake layer
- As it cooks, half of the lemon mixture stays on top and the other half sinks to the bottom of the cheesecake and forms a strong punch of sweet tart lemon on top of the crust
- Just like magic you now essentially have a lemon bar and cheesecake all in one!
That's the magic trick ya'll and the taste is gonna blow your mind!
This IS NOT the typical lemon cheesecake, it's special and unique in so many fabulous ways!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Sweet white chocolate cheesecake surrounded on bottom and top with a layer of sweet-tart-bright lemon flavor.
- Creamy Lemon Yogurt Sauce on top for yet another texture. It started as a way to cover up some cracks, then stayed because it was TO DIE FOR!
- Vanilla Cookie Crust – such a perfect match with the other flavors!
- Pretty. Everyone knows the best desserts should be pretty, and this dessert is PRETTY!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT WHITE CHOCOLATE LEMON CHEESECAKE IN A FOOD PROCESSOR
You can, of course, make cheesecake with a hand mixer, but I find the food processor to be an easy way to cut the ingredients together quickly without incorporating a lot of air into the batter (which causes it to overflow while it's cooking). Here's a quick view of the food processor tackling the job:
- Press crust into the springform pan, place in freezer. Melt the white chocolate and set aside to cool
- In the food processor, mix sugar and cream cheese until completely smooth
- Add yogurt, flour, and vanilla extract and pulse to mix
- Add eggs and pulse 3 – 4 times to just barely mix the egg
- Take the lid off the food processor, add white chocolate and stir in by hand
- Pour batter over the crust, place in the freezer while you make the lemon juice layer
- Using a tinfoil sling or this silicone sling, put the cheesecake on top of a trivet inside the pot, pour the lemon mixture gently over top, starting at the edges then moving towards the middle. Note: I like to add the lemon mixture when the pan is inside the pot to eliminate the risk of spilling when transferring the pan. Cook the cheesecake
- Once cooked, let it cool on a rack for at least an hour, then cover and place in the fridge overnight (or at least 4 hours)
- Cover the top with Lemon Yogurt Sauce and serve!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
ROOM TEMPERATURE INGREDIENTS
Always, always use room temperature cream cheese and eggs to ensure a smooth batter
SPRINGFORM PAN SIZE
You'll need a springform pan that is a true 7 – 8 inches. I used my 7 inch Nordic Ware pan (which actually only measures to be 6 inches on the inside of the pan) for 5 of the tries and it overflowed slightly on 2 of them. I may have over-beaten the batter, but to be safe, I'm going to suggest you use one that measures a true 7-8 inches like this push pan (it fits in a six-quart pot). Other options include:
- Line the outer ring with parchment that extends a couple inches from the top of the pan. I haven't tried this yet, but I believe it will work well for preventing overflow
- Use this 7 inch pan with the taller ring. I love this pan for breakfast cakes as well
- Pour some of the batter into a ramekin or small mason jar to make a mini cheesecake for another day
CHILL THE BATTER
In the directions below, I write to pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and place it back in the freezer while you make the lemon mixture. This is an important step because it firms the batter enough to allow half of the lemon mixture to stay on top and the other half to sink to the bottom
COVER IMPERFECTIONS WITH A TOPPING
Sometimes the cheesecake layer peeks above the lemon layer on top. Don't stress! Add Lemon Yogurt Sauce or even some whipped cream, problem solved!
Chill cheesecake overnight
While you can definitely eat cheesecake after a 4 – 6 hour chill, you will always get the best texture with a solid overnight refrigeration
HOW TO KNOW WHEN CHEESECAKE IS DONE
- Very gently shake the pan. The sides should be firm and there will be about a 2-inch diameter in the center that slightly jiggles. If there is liquid or a larger diameter of the center jiggles, return to the pressure cooker for another 5 – 10 minutes
- King Arthur Flour's tip is to check the temperature 1-inch from the edge of the pan. It should be at least 175°F
- Gently touch the top with your fingertip, it should feel firm and not leave wet batter on your finger (this trick doesn't' work as well with this lemon cheesecake since the top layer isn't cheesecake)
And there you have it! All my best tips and tricks to ensure THE BEST LEMON CHEESECAKE OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!
I dare say you will not disappoint a single soul with this cheesecake. I received comments such as:
- “I don't even like cheesecake and this is my new favorite dessert”
- “I would take this over chocolate any day!”
- “The only thing wrong with this cake is that there isn't more of it”
- “I want this for my birthday every year”.
- Then, of course, there are the nonverbal signs such as eyes rolling back in heads, big smiles and head bobs (love that sign), and the classic – race to the last slice – sign.
It really is that good.
Enjoy this dreamy White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake and let me know just how many smiles and head bobs you get with this beauty.
MORE INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER CHEESECAKES
- German Chocolate Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Peppermint Cheesecake
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Funfetti Cheesecake
RECOMMENDED TOOLS TO BUY AND MAKE INSTANT POT WHITE CHOCOLATE LEMON CHEESECAKE
Instant Pot White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake
Sweet White Chocolate and Tart Lemon come together to make the best Lemon Cheesecake ever!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
For the Crust
- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
For the Lemon Layer
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
For the Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- 3/4 cup 2% greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (add 1–2 more tablespoons if you want it sweeter)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of milk if needed to thin the sauce
- Spray a 7 or 8 inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray (A pan smaller than a true 7 inches may overflow while cooking, see note on pans below).
- Stir cookie crumbs and melted butter together, press evenly across the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer to set while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
- Chop white chocolate into small pieces. Microwave in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds and stir. Heat for another 30 seconds if needed. Stir until the chocolate is smooth. This can also be done on the stove top in a saucepan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until smooth (see note below for food processor directions).
- Blend in yogurt, flour, and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs one at a time just until blended; don’t over mix.
- Pour in melted white chocolate and lightly mix until fully incorporated.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and fill with the cheesecake mixture. Return pan to the freezer while you prepare the lemon layer.
- To make the lemon layer, add eggs, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice to a small bowl, whisk until smooth. Add flour and whisk to incorporate. Set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Using a tinfoil or silicone sling, carefully lower the prepared pan onto the trivet.
- Pour the lemon mixture carefully over the cheesecake mixture, pouring from the edges of the pan and moving towards the middle.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 40 minutes.
- While cheesecake is cooking, prepare the Lemon Yogurt Sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator until after the cheesecake is completely chilled.
- When pressure cooking is complete, unplug the pressure cooker.
- Use a 15 minute natural release and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove cheesecake and check to see if the middle is set. The edges should be set and the 2-3 inches in the center just slightly wobbly when you move the pan. If it is undercooked, return to the pressure cooker and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Use the corner of a paper towel to soak up any water on top of the cheesecake.
- Place the springform pan on a wire rack to cool. When cheesecake is cooled, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Note: I like to take the ring off of the pan before I place it in the refrigerator because I feel like it prevents the crust from being too soft, but some people think this might allow the cheesecake to crack as it chills. You decide!
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with Lemon Yogurt Sauce, garnish with pretty lemon slices, and serve!
I love making cheesecake batter in my food processor. Use it in place of the hand mixer. When you add the eggs, do 3-4 quick pulses. Add the melted white chocolate and finish stirring in with a spatula
You'll need a springform pan that is a true 7 – 8 inches. I used my 7 inch Nordic Ware pan (which actually only measures to be 6 inches on the inside of the pan) for 5 of the tries and it overflowed slightly on 2 of them. Here are some options to ensure your success:
- If your pan doesn't measure 7 – 8 inches across, line the outer ring with parchment that extends a couple inches from the top of the pan
- Use a pan that measures a true 7-8 inches like this push pan (it fits in a six-quart pot)
- Use this 7 inch pan with the taller ring
- Pour some of the batter into a ramekin or small mason jar to make a mini cheesecake for another day
Keywords: instant pot cheesecake, pressure cooker dessert, lemon dessert