White Chocolate Cheesecake with a fresh burst of tart lemon has me feelin’ all the happy spring time feels! And guess what, this cheesecake has a magic trick included too! Read on!
This White Chocolate Lemon Bar Cheesecake was part of an Instant Pot Easter Blog Hop. If you are interested, see more traditional Easter recipes below.
For years I’ve always been in charge of bringing the dessert. Since going sugar free, I’ve left the treat making up to others. But upon hearing my daughter explain to my son that I wasn’t a real chef because I didn’t know how to make desserts . . . I decided it was time for this former dessert queen to make an appearance. Hello White Chocolate Lemon Bar Cheesecake and Goodbye to any outrageous claims about mama not being a real chef.
This dessert has disappointed NO ONE! In a world that favors chocolate 5 to 1 (I made that up), this lemon cheesecake knocked it out of the park again and again to everyone I tested it on. Rave reviews every single time. Even my nauseous pregnant sister told me it was incredible going down and up . . . too much info?
I made this cake 7 times in 2 weeks to make sure it would be consistent. Cuz guess what? This cake is magic, and I had to make sure it could perform it’s trick consistently each time. What’s the trick? I call it the Magical Switheroo trick. Here’s how it goes down.
For the lemon layer I whipped up a lemon bar filling and poured it over top of the cheesecake layer thinking it would remain on top. But it does something even better! Half of the lemon mixture stays on top for a pretty, marbled, hint of lemon flavor. The other half sinks to the the bottom of the cheesecake and forms a strong punch of sweet tart lemon on top of the crust. So essentially it’s a lemon bar and cheesecake all in one! That’s the magic trick ya’ll and it’s gonna blow your mind with its taste!
My lemon lovin’ mama demanded even more lemon flavor which is why I added the Lemon Yogurt Sauce on top. Also, one of the 7 cheesecakes cracked on top and I needed something to cover it up. This lead to a very tasty solution that really takes this next level cake to even the next level.
I dare say you will not disappoint a single soul with this cheesecake. I received comments such as, “I don’t even like cheesecake and this is my new favorite dessert” “I would take this over chocolate any day!” “The only thing wrong with this cake is that there isn’t more of it” “I want this for my birthday every year”. Then of course there were the nonverbal signs such as eyes rolling back in heads, big smiles and head bobs (love that sign), and the classic – race to the last slice – sign.
It really is that good.
Couple notes to ensure success:
You’ll need a springform pan that is a true 7 – 8 inches. I used my 7 inch Nordic Ware pan (which actually only measures to be 6 inches on the inside of the pan) for 5 of the tries and it overflowed slightly on 2 of them. I may have over-beat the batter, but to be safe, I’m going to suggest you use one that measures a true 7-8 inches. I love this 7 inch pan with the taller ring or this 8 inch pan that actually fits in a 6 quart pot. If all you have is a smaller pan, you could simply pour some of the batter into a ramekin or small mason jar to make a mini cheesecake for another day.
In the directions below, I write to pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust then place it back in the freezer while you make the lemon mixture. This is an important step because it’s the magic that allows half of the lemon to sink to the bottom and the other half to stay on top.
If you don’t want to bother with making the Lemon Yogurt Sauce for the topping, simply dust it with powdered sugar for a traditional lemon bar look.
I’ve become a big fan of mixing my cheesecake batter in a food processor. It seems to do a great job at mixing everything well without over-beating the eggs. Directions for that are within the recipe.
Enjoy this dreamy White Chocolate Lemon Bar Cheesecake and let me know just how many smiles and head bobs you get with this beauty.
Tools used to make Instant Pot Pressure Cooker White Chocolate Lemon Bar Cheesecake
Instant Pot or
8 inch Springform Pan (fits in a 6 quart pot)
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!Print
Pressure Cooker White Chocolate Lemon Bar Cheesecake AKA Magical Switcheroo Cheesecake
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes plus chill time
- Yield: 6-8 servings
For the Crust
- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
For the Lemon Layer
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
For the Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- 3/4 cup 2% greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (add 1-2 more tablespoons if you want it sweeter)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of milk if needed to thin the sauce
- Spray a 7 or 8 inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray (A pan smaller than a true 7 inches may overflow while cooking, see note on pans below).
- Stir cookie crumbs and melted butter together and press evenly across the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer to set.
- Chop white chocolate into small pieces. Microwave in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds and stir. Heat for another 30 seconds if needed. Stir until the chocolate is smooth. This can also be done on the stove top in a saute pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until smooth (see note below for food processor directions). Blend in yogurt, flour, and vanilla. Mix in eggs one at a time just until blended; don’t over mix. Pour in melted white chocolate and lightly mix until fully incorporated.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and fill with the cheesecake mixture. Return pan to the freezer while you prepare the lemon layer.
- To make the lemon layer, add eggs, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice to a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add flour and whisk to incorporate. Set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Using a tinfoil sling, carefully lower the prepared pan onto the trivet. Pour the lemon mixture carefully over the cheesecake mixture, pouring from the edges of the pan then towards the middle. Using a toothpick, LIGHLTY swirl the mixtures – 2 swirls through is plenty. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 40 minutes.
- While cheesecake is cooking, prepare the Lemon Yogurt Sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator for after the cheesecake is completely chilled.
- When pressure cooking is complete, unplug the pressure cooker and use a 15 minute natural release and then release any remaining pressure. Remove cheesecake and check the cheesecake to see if the middle is set. If not, cook the cheesecake an additional 5 minutes. Use the corner of a paper towel to soak up any water on top of the cheesecake.
- Place the springform pan on a wire rack to cool. When cheesecake is cooled, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Note: I like to take the ring off the pan before I place it in the refrigerator because I feel like it prevents the crust from being too soft, but some people think this might allow the cheesecake to crack as it chills. You decide!
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with Lemon Yogurt Sauce, garnish with pretty lemon slices, and serve!
- I love making cheesecake batter in my food processor. Use it in place of the hand mixer. When you add the eggs, do 3-4 quick pulses, then add the white chocolate and do another 3 quick pulses. Stir with a spatula a few more times to make sure the edges and sides are all mixed in.
- Pan size is important here. My 7 inch Nordic Ware Pan is actually 6 inches on the inside. 2 of the 5 times I made it in this pan, the lemon custard overflowed a little. This 7 inch pan will work as well as this 8 inch pan and both will fit inside a 6 quart pot.
Instant Pot White Chocolate Lemon Bar Cheesecake
|Pressure Cooking Today|
Instant Pot Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
|Happy Healthy Mama|
Instant Pot French Toast Casserole
|Oh, Sweet Basil|
Instant Pot Bluberry French Toast Bake
|The Typical Mom|
Instant Pot Corn Casserole Recipe
|Self Proclaimed Foodie|
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
|365 Days of Slow Cooking and Pressure Cooking|
Instant Pot Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes
|Crunchy Creamy Sweet|
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
|Instant Pot Eats|
Instant Pot Carrot Cake
|Your Homebased Mom|
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
|Oh So Delicioso|
Instant Pot Ham with Homemade Glaze
|Bite of Delight|
Instant Pot Potatoes Au Gratin
|The Butter Half|
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Pasta
|Paint the Kitchen Red|
Instant Pot Lamb Biryani